After two ER visits and one surgery, I think I’m ready to attempt reentry into my former life. Unfortunately, I did not get to keep my gallbladder eternally hovering in a formaldehyde marinade. It had to be sent off to pathology so there goes my shelf of “things that used to work inside my body until I got old”.
Thanks to the makers of Dilaudid for making my stay in La-La-Land post-op a happy one. And anyone I may have phoned during that time…sorry about that.
Last weekend, just a few days into recovery, I took a jaunt to my Verizon store to trade in my old clunker for a shiny new Blackberry. The chick was scrolling through my photos to make sure they all transferred (thank God I erased all those porn pics) and she scrolled right to the picture I took of my eyeball last Christmas when I had the worst case of pink eye known to man and my eye was solid red, misshapen and bulging pretty fiercely. She looked at me like I was a freak. I just shrugged and said “zombie eye”. She let it go, but they probably made a note in the computer about me.
Guess what I’m getting for the third anniversary of my 29th birthday? Complete set of Zombie action figures. Glow-in-the-dark! Now I just need to upload “Zombieland” to my new Blackberry and it’ll be good to be me.
Thanks for everyone’s cards, flowers, dinners and help before and after my surgery. Having you all in my life is another reason it’s good to be me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YUP...YOU WERE IN NEVER, NEVER LAND A TIME OR TWO DURING THE LAST MONTH!!!! BUT THEN, YOU ALWAYS WERE.........OH, JUST KIDDING!!!!!! ANYWAY, I SURE AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP GOING, AS REMEMBER I NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN I AM AN OLD CROAKER. HAHAHAHAHA!!! LOVE YOU, HONEY.... MOMMY
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention that the Zombies are at their foster home.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love anesthesia drugs? After a festive colonascopy with absolutely NO memory of anything, I absolutely believe that on can be abducted by aliens (or Zombies, be probed and have no memory of the "incident."
ReplyDelete