I'm contributing to a "drinking blog" and thought I'd post my first piece here too. Once the other blog is up and running, I'll put a link to it here.
Small town hillbilly bars are not the places to order martinis. We knew we were in trouble when the bartender asked us how to make a martini. We should have ordered a Budweiser right then and there, but we forged ahead. We hit the trifecta of regret when it came in a wine glass, looked like swamp water and smelled like gasoline. The olives didn’t even come on a swizzle stick. They were floating in there like piranhas and when I tried to fish them out everyone kept yelling “don’t stick your finger in there”! So the lesson to be learned here is if you’re in a bar where the walls are faux wood, the bartender has never made a martini and there are poker machines lining the wall, then you’re not going to get a quality cocktail. Assimilate to your surroundings and order a Bud Light…in a bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is hysterical!!! Been there, done that!!! And I haven't been the same since!!!! Love you. mommy
ReplyDeleteWise words Grasshopper.
ReplyDelete