Thursday, August 27, 2009

Online Shopping Is God's Gift To Me

This is my fourth entry and I have to say…the support from all of you via facebook and email has been great and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you guys.
So I guess I should explain the blog title at this point. I am mildly agoraphobic. Meaning, I don’t venture out of my house very often and I can sometimes be a menace to society. I work from home, I buy groceries once a month, I rarely travel and my vehicles last FOREVER. At this point, I am one step away from pulling a Grizzly Adams and fleeing to the hills. If it weren’t for cold beer on tap, I might never leave my house.
The news this morning mentioned social people are less likely to get dementia. They also said people who run at least 5 hours per week live longer. I’m a goner.
According to Wikipedia, a recluse is someone in isolation who hides away from the attention of the public. Possible reasons for seclusion include:
Celebrities seeking to escape the attentions of his or her fans. Well…that ain’t it.
A misanthrope (misanthropy is a general dislike, distrust, contempt, or hatred of the human species) may be unable to tolerate human society. Getting there….but not quite.
A survivalist may be practicing self-sufficiency. Live without my computer? Nope. Wrong again.
A criminal might hide away from people to avoid detection by police. Jury’s still out on this one.
So that leaves psychological reasons. Okay, fair enough. But aren’t the most interesting people you know a little…well…let’s go with quirky?
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Can I make some stuff in the psychological reasons area about you? HAHAAAA! I'm thinking you have a little survivalist thing going on too. HAHAHAAA! Love ya sis! I'm looking for large sums of ammo now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!! quirky, huh? good word..... hahaha mommy

    ReplyDelete