Monday, August 31, 2009

Reborn Into Someone Who Likes Exercise? Yes, Please!

Have you heard people talk about certain smells coming out of nowhere reminding them of a person who has passed over? For example, I smell roses out of the ether and I imagine it’s my Grandmother. If this phenomenon exists and I’m not just imagining it, when my time comes and you smell garlic…that’s totally me. I love to cook. This all brings me to the topic of afterlife.
I had a conversation with my sister-in-law today about reincarnation and I was telling her that my grandma refused to believe in reincarnation because she was certain she’d come back as someone’s maid. Reincarnation doesn’t bother me as much as the idea of “hell”. If hell exists, I believe it will vary according to person. For example, if I earn a first class ticket straight to hell I am sure my hell will be complete with Celine Dion music videos on an eternal loop. I can’t think of anything worse and when I picture that scenario, I want to run out and do volunteer work to pay off some of the karmic debt I’ve accrued. Out of the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride I figure I’ve committed…oh about seven of them. Gluttony and sloth starts about 5:30 appearing nightly.
Of course, I don’t really believe overeating and excessive TV watching is going to procure my place in a Canadian pop star torture chamber so it can’t hurt to just imagine what heaven would be like. My version comes complete with free shoes, jeans that always fit and chocolate that doesn’t make my undies tighter. But if the hereafter isn’t an infinite expanse of time spent in either hell or heaven and reincarnation does exist, I hope I get to come back as a professional beer taster!

1 comment: