Monday, September 21, 2009

Biorhythms: Truth or Fiction?

As you know from my previous blog, I’ve been in kind of a slump. After reading about my rut, someone suggested I check my “biorhythms”. A concept I had never heard before and found quite amusing. A biorhythm is the belief that your physical, emotional and intellectual energy levels move in cycles. Physical cycles every 23 days, emotional every 28 and intellectual every 33 days. Twenty-eight, eh? Sounds an awful lot like PMS to me…I KNEW men had this too!
Fortunately, there are many free biorhythm charts on the internet and I ran maybe 5 of them. Oddly, they all gave the exact same results! According to my chart, in three days I should officially tank to “bat crap crazy” and am not expected to return to “normal” again until October 12th! My family and co-workers just ran for the hills. My physical energy takes a freefall first, then emotional followed by intellectual. Today, so my chart says, my general well-being is said to be “momentarily mediocre” and is on the fast track to “holy crap watch out”. My energy is gone, I’m emotionally unsettled and intellectually, I’m irresolute. Would you look at that?! All true! At first, I really thought this was all rubbish because saying everyone is on the same 23-28-33 day cycle is a little like saying everyone likes to work out. Isn’t everyone different? But then I read that when your physical biorhythm is down, you’re more susceptible to virus or infection. Well guess what?! I woke up with a sore throat and I feel remotely like that ball of phlegm and hair my cat yacks up. And I suppose it makes some sense that our energies ebb and flow and maybe I never really noticed it until I had to be creative every day. My husband ran some reports too and happens to be on the top of his game for the next week and laughed at me proving men never know when to shut up.
When I set out with the biorhythm concept, I really thought it was nonsense, but now I’m thinking there might just be something to this! I’m going to pay closer attention from now on and when all three energies peak, I’m playing Bingo!!

1 comment:

  1. OH! OH! I DON'T THINK I BETTER CHECK MY CHART. THEY WILL BE HAULING ME AWAY....I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER HAD AN INTELLECTUAL CYCLE. HA!!! LUCKILY YOU DIDN'T TAKE AFTER YOUR MOM!!! LOVE YOU. MOMMY

    ReplyDelete