Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Off My Game...I'm Allergic To Fitness

For those of you following my lowly writing career, I’m being published! Okay, don’t get too excited. It’s volunteer for some locals. But still. Gotta start somewhere, right? AND….I get to write more for them. Yay!
For those of you following my new weight loss endeavor, I can’t describe the pain I’m in right now. I manned up and made it there today and watched the news on the recumbent bike for 30 minutes and bailed. Thanks for the Aleve, Kate!
So I think the pain in my hamstring has sucked the funny right out of me today because I can’t think of anything to write about. Requests anyone? So, I’ll take this opportunity to recommend a movie I saw recently. It’s called Taking Chance and it was filmed right here in Montana. It has Kevin Bacon in it, which normally sends me running, but in this he did a great job. It’s the true story about a soldier escorting a fallen comrade to his home. The honor they show the dead is extraordinary. It’s on DVD right now and it’ll rip your guts right out.
And while I’m at it…read Norah Vincent’s “Voluntary Madness”. She researches different mental health facilities across the country by checking herself in. It’s so good I read the whole thing in 3 days. It’s funny, sad, appalling and for anyone who’s ever dealt with depression, it’s cathartic.
And because I think this quote is funny:
“I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.” ~ Jackie Mason

1 comment:

  1. I HOPE YOUR HAMSTRING RECOVERS!!!! BETTER TAKE ANOTHER ALEVE, OR MAYBE IT IS REALLY BECAUSE YOU SLEPT WRONG!!!! LOVE YOU. MOMMY

    ReplyDelete